Accelerate Bush Bean
- SKU: 09483
- For each offer ordered, get 2 oz per packet
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Height: 22 - 28 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 6 - 10 days
Accelerate Bush Bean
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure2 oz per packet
- FormUpright annual
- LightFull sun.
- Height22 - 28 inches.
- Spread12-18 inches.
- SpacingPlant 1 inch apart and thin to 2 - 2 inches apart, in rows 24 to 36 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- ColorMedium green
- Fruit6 1/2 inch beans, stringless. Seeds are white.
- Germination6 - 10 days
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, loose fertile soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 150 seeds per packet.
- CommentsThis large bean will rev up your garden with heavy yields of 6.5" high-quality beans. Exceptional for canning and fresh eating, Accelerate has excellent cold vigor and is resistant to BCMV and root rot, tolerant to brown top and curly spot. Easy-to-pick beans freeze well for "fresh" beans all winter long. Developed by Pureline Seeds in cooperation with the University of Wisconsin, Accelerate is a large bean selected for heavy yields and disease resistance. Excellent cold vigor promises superior emergence and performance even in less than ideal conditions. Heavy yields of delicious, high quality 6 1/2 inch beans are great for fresh eating, freezing and canning.
- Botanical NamePhaseolus vulgaris 'Accelerate UW#3'
- HeaderResistant to Root Rot!
- DepthPlant seeds 1 - 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Days To Maturity54 Days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.