$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
- SKU: 80900
- For each offer ordered, get 1 No. 1, 1-yr bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height4 - 6 feet.
- Spread4 - 6 feet.
- Spacing3 feet.
- Zones3 - 8 (-40° F.)
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- FruitLarge, firm, juicy, high capped, bright red raspberries.
- Soil RequirementsOrganic, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningIn late Winter, early Spring, prune and thin your raspberry plants. Any time of the year, you can prune out dead or diseased canes.
- CommentsGrows best in regions with cool Summers. Only thornless red raspberry; very few or no thorns. Fine flavored, high quality fruit. Resistant to viruses. Immune to aphids. Good soil drainage is required; sensitive to root rot. PLANTING: IN HEAVY CLAY, ADD 1/3 TO 1/2 SAND AND 1/3 COMPOST OR COMPOSTED MANURE. CROWN SHOULD BE AT SOIL LEVEL. WHEN PLANTED IN THE FALL, MULCH AFTER A HARD FREEEZE. GROWTH: PRODUCE ON 1 YEAR OLD STEMS. REMOVE OLD CANES AFTER THEY HAVE PRODUCED MAKING ROOM FOR NEW CANES. IN SUMMER, CUT YOUNG CANES BACK TO 4 - 5 FEET., KEEP LATERALS TO 2 - 3 FEET. REMOVE WEAK, SMALL CANES - LEAVE ONLY 8 - 9 STRONGEST CANES.
- YieldApproximately 1 - 2 quarts .
- Botanical NameRubus idaeus var. strigosus 'Canby''; Family: Rosaceae (Rose Family)
- Size1/4 - 1/2 inch flowers.
- DepthSame depth as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.