- SKU: 70839
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 2 - 9 (-50° F.).
- Height: 3 - 4 feet
- Light Required: Partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- FormUpright, short lived perennial.
- LightPartial shade.
- Height3 - 4 feet
- Spread15 - 18 inches
- Spacing15 - 18 inches.
- Zones2 - 9 (-50° F.).
- Foliage2 - 6 inches long and are narrowly lanceolate, with fine teeth on edges. Dark green turning scarlet in autumn.
- Flower FormTubular blossoms that cover 1- 4 foot tall flower spikes.
- BloomsMid summer to fall.
- FruitSeeds are two-celled pods that open at the top.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moist, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateSlow growth rate first season, fast thereafter.
- PruningDead-head. Remove spent flowers. Allow the foliage to die sback.
- PollinatorHummingbirds are the chief pollinator.
- CommentsNative wildflower, striking red color. Frequents moist meadows and, stream edges. Mulch to maintain moisture.
- Botanical NameLobelia cardinalis
- Size1- 4 foot tall flower spikes.
- HeaderUnusual Flower Form!
- DepthPlant top of root ball at soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.