$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
- A favorite of potatlovers
- Smooth yellow skin and yellow flesh
- Tastes like new potatoes even after months in storage
- Excellent boiled, baked, mashed and scalloped
- Very good storage qualities
- Certified seed potatoes
- SKU: 94724
- For each offer ordered, get 2 lbs of whole potatoes
- This item is not available in ID ME MT NE
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormUpright vining.
- LightFull sun (at least 6 hours of direct sun).
- Height24 - 36 inches.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing12-15 inches apart in rows 30-36 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageMedium green color with a medium texture.
- FruitOblong to round tubers with smooth yellowskin.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers well-drained, light, deep, loose soil, high in organic matter. Perform best in acid soil with pH 4.8 - 5.5. Needs plentiful, consistent moisture during the growing season.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed Count2 lbs. of seed potatoes. If a seed potato is over 1 inch in diameter, you can cut them into pieces, leaving 1 - 2 eyes per piece. 2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make approximately 10 - 15 potato sets when cut and will plant a 15 foot row.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsThis yellow potato from Germany is heralded by potato lovers as one of the best. Produces an abundant basket of tubers under each hill. Oblong to round tubers with smooth yellow skin and flesh that has the texture, moisture and taste of a new potato even after months of storage in the root cellar. Boils, bakes, mashes and hashes that are out of this world as well as makes some of the best scalloped potatoes around.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'Carola'
- Depth3-5 inches deep.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|4B||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|5A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|5B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|8A & B||2/18/19 - 6/14/19|
|9A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|Last Order Date||6/10/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.