Champagne Elegance Reblooming Bearded Iris
- SKU: 72032
- For each offer ordered, get 1 iris rhizome
- Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 34 inches
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade
Send me an email when this item is available
Champagne Elegance Reblooming Bearded Iris
- Unit of Measure1 iris rhizome
- FormRhizomatous perennial
- LightFull sun to partial shade
- Height34 inches
- Spread18-24 inches
- Spacing18-24 inches.
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageGlaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves is Spring and Summer, with some die-back in Winter in colder climates.
- Flower FormFlowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards.
- ColorNear white standards with apricot-peach falls.
- BloomsMid spring, reblooms mid summer.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers well-drained soil, but is tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems. In late Fall, cut foliage to 6 inch fans. Remove plant debris to prevent borers from over-Wintering. Prune after flowering, and cut foliage back in late Fall.
- CommentsNear white standards with apricot-peach falls. One of the best rebloomers! Sweet, orange blossom fragrance. So elegant and sophisticated, the subtle colors of this iris add refined beauty to the Spring garden. Near white standards are gracefully arched. The light buff, apricot, and peach colors on the falls softly melt together into a delicate shade. Ruffles dance along the edges of the falls like bubbles in a glass of the finest champagne. Amber beards sit quietly on the falls, blending nicely with the soft colors of these blooms. Enjoy an abundance of beautiful blooms on this vigorous plant that produces 7-10 buds per stem. You may even enjoy more blooms in late Summer, if optimum weather conditions allow it to rebloom. A sweet orange blossom fragrance adds another desirable element to this lovely iris.
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'Champagne Elegance'; Family Iridaceae (Iris Family)
- DepthDig a shallow hole 2-4" deep and twice as wide as the rhizome. Place the rhizome on a small mound in the middle of this hole and spread the roots. Fill the hole with soil, but only partially cover the rhizome. Water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.