Juliet™ Dwarf Cherry
- SKU: 67409
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 2 - 7
- Height: 5 - 10 feet
- Light Required: Full sun
- This item is not available in CA CO ID OR WA
Send me an email when this item is available
Juliet™ Dwarf Cherry
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormDwarf habit
- LightFull sun
- Height5 - 10 feet
- Spread3 - 4 feet
- Spacing4 feet
- Zones2 - 7
- FoliageGlossy green foliage, oval to obovate in shape, with pointed tips and serrated edges.
- Flower FormWhite blossoms
- FruitDark red cherries. Full size fruit average weight of 5 grams. Large pits.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningPrune damaged, diseased, and dead limbs. Limbs that grow inward toward the center of the tree. About third of the new growth (from that year) annually, while trees are dormant. Prune in early Spring before the bush breaks dormancy. Cherry buds are either vegetative or floral. Usually the end bud and thin side buds are vegetative and most of the larger buds are floral. When pruning, do not cut off tips of branches because you might be removing the vegetative buds and will have nothing to make ne
- CommentsLow suckering, easy to grow, manageable plant size (easy to pick, prune and cover with bird netting if desired). Attractive rounded plant shape with attractive white blossoms. Excellent for fresh eating.
- YieldUp to 25 pounds at 5 years.
- Botanical NamePrunus fruticosa x Prunus cerasus 'Juliet'
- HeaderThe Sweetest of the Bunch!
- DepthPlant in the spring in a sunny location. Place the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots out evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots, do not pack the soil. Water plant thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.