Romeo™ Dwarf Cherry
- SKU: 61665
- For each offer ordered, get 1 gallon pot.
- This item is not available in CA CO ID OR WA
Send me an email when this item is available
Romeo™ Dwarf Cherry
- FormDeciduous. Rounded shrub.
- LightFull Sun
- Height6 - 7 feet.
- Spread5 - 7 feet.
- Spacing5 - 7 feet.
- Zones2 - 7
- FoliageGlossy green foliage, oval to obovate in shape, with pointed tips and serrated edges.
- Flower FormYes.
- BloomsMid to late May.
- FruitDark red cherries. Full size fruit average weight of 5 grams. Large pits.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, organic, sandy soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningPrune damaged, diseased, and dead limbs. Limbs that grow inward toward the center of the tree. About third of the new growth (from that year) annually, while trees are dormant. Prune in early Spring before the bush breaks dormancy. Cherry buds are either vegetative or floral. Usually the end bud and thin side buds are vegetative and most of the larger buds are floral. When pruning, do not cut off tips of branches because you might be removing the vegetative buds and will have nothing to make new
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsYou'll fall in love with this "sweet-talking" berry's deep crimson, full-sized, glossy fruit with incredible sugar levels for a tart cherry type. Grown for its exceptional cold-hardiness, dwarf stature, and high flesh-to-pit ratio. This means more fruit per pound with less weight from the pits.
- YieldUp to 25 pounds of fruit per plant at maturity.
- Botanical NamePrunus fruticosa x Prunus cerasus 'Romeo'
- DepthPlant so that the roots are below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Gallon Pot Size|
|1A-4B||8/1 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/1 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/1 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/1 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/1 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/1 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.