Chiffon Hybrid Summer Squash
- SKU: 39809
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 25 seeds per packet
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 1 - 3 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun
- Germination: 5 - 10 days at 70 degree F' soil temp.
Chiffon Hybrid Summer Squash
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 25 seeds per packet
- FormVine, annual.
- LightFull sun
- Height1 - 3 feet.
- Spread2 - 4 feet.
- Spacing24 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageAttractive mottled grey green, coarse texture. Some spines on plant.
- Flower FormYellow flowers.
- BloomsMid to late summer.
- FruitVery straight, uniform, butter yellow summer squash.
- Germination5 - 10 days at 70 degree F' soil temp.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers well-drained, fertile, loose soil, high in organic matter with pH between 5.8-6.8. Plentiful and consistent moisture is needed from the time plants emerge until fruits begin to fill out
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- CommentsCompact plant, extremely tender fleshed butter yellow fruit has excellent eating quality. Early season, compact bush, high yield, creamy yellow fruit. Excellent tender texture is superb for eating. Attractive grey-green compact plants look good in the garden, high yield and continued yield until frost.
- YieldVery high yields.
- Botanical NameCurcurbita pepo 'Chiffon'
- HeaderHigh Yields on Compact Plants
- Depth1/2-1 inch.
- Days To Maturity42 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.