- SKU: 63263
- For each offer ordered, get 1 2' - 4' bareroot
- This item is not available in CA
- LightFull sun
- Height20 - 25 feet
- Spread10 - 15 feet
- Spacing10 - 15 feet
- Zones7 - 10
- FoliageDeciduous. Attractive foliage is lime-green in early spring, dark green in summer, and turns orange in fall.
- FruitMedium to small, elongated fruit has deep orange skin and tasty, sweet, brown flesh. Non-astringent when ripe. Fruit ripens late in fall, late October to early November.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained, loamy soil. Does not like wet conditions.
- CommentsAfter taking a bite of this gorgeous fruit, it will be obvious how it acquired its name. Its sweet, tasty flesh is the color of chocolate! This non-astringent persimmon can be eaten when a little firm, but is at its very best when allowed to soften a little. Ripens in late fall, with the fruit hanging from bare stems. Bears at a young age and is very productive. Not only is its fruit sweet and delicious, but it also adds ornamental value to the landscape with its brilliant orange fall foliage. Requires less than 200 chill hours. Tolerant of heat and humidity.
- YieldVery productive. Produces high yields.
- Botanical NameDiospyros kaki
- DepthDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Plant at the same level it was in the nursery. A line should be visible that shows the depth.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.