Chocolate Cherry Tomato
Chocolate Cherry Tomato
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 25 seeds per packet
- FormVine, Indeterminate
- LightFull sun
- Height4 - 6 feet. Indeterminate.
- Spread3 - 4 feet
- Spacing18 - 24 inches between plants, 3 -5 feet between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitAttractive rich brick-red with rich brown shading.
- Germination8 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, deep, well-drained soil pH 5.5-6.8
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- PruningPrune by cutting out suckers (axillary shoots between the stems and the leaves) to produce larger fruit. Fruit also ripens earlier since the sun can reach it more easily.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsClusters of delicious cherry tomatoes offer a complex sweet & delicious, gourmet flavor. Plants are loaded with these little gems, colored with a unique palette of rich reds & chocolates. Heirloom, open pollinated variety.
- Yield100 lbs/100 foot row.
- Botanical NameLycopersicon lycopersicum 'Black Cherry'
- Size1 inch round cherry-type tomatoes.
- HeaderComplex Gourmet Flavor
- DepthPlant seeds 1/4 inch deep. Transplant outdoors after any chance of frost is past. When transplanting, set the plant deep, up to the first true leaves, by digging a deep hole or trench. The stem will develop roots along its length.
- Days To Maturity70 days from transplant
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.