Colossal Blue Hosta
- SKU: 71672
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 30 - 36 inches
- Light Required: Shade to partial shade
Send me an email when this item is available
Colossal Blue Hosta
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- FormHerbaceous perennial
- LightShade to partial shade
- Height30 - 36 inches
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageLarge blue-green round to heart shaped leaves.
- Flower FormTubular spike - downward facing trumpet-shaped flowers.
- ColorPale lavender to white.
- BloomsMid Summer for 2 - 4 weeks.
- Soil RequirementsAverage well-drained soil
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to tidy up plants for rest of the season.
- CommentsImpressive, large blue green leaves from 10 - 20 inches long, form a nice well rounded plant for a perfect shade location. Pale lavender flower spikes in Summer are an added bonus.
- Botanical NameHosta sieboldiana var. elegans
- HeaderSlug-Resistant Variety
- DepthPlant with the tip of the crown just below or at ground level. Dig hole large enough to spread roots out naturally.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.