Columbus Hops Vine
- SKU: 02442
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- This item is not available in CT IA ID MN OR WA
Send me an email when this item is available
Columbus Hops Vine
- FormUpright vine.
- LightFull sun.
- Height10 - 20 feet.
- Spread1 feet.
- Spacing3 1/2 feet apart in rows 7 feet apart.
- FoliageAttractive deeply lobed green leaves.
- Flower FormFruit/flower: Female plants bear larger flowers resembling cones. Super high alpha acids and oils. High bittering qualities; used primarily for dry hopping.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, sandy loam soil with a pH of 6-7.5.
- Growth RateCan grow up to one foot per day.
- PruningCut off the first growth of bines (vines). Three to four weeks later more vigorous bines (vines) will grow. Once the hops cones are harvested, cut the bines (vines) 2 feet from the ground. Keep the bottom growth which will make the plant hardier for next year.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsHigh yield and high alpha acids potential, high oil content , excellent brewing.This high alpha variety has a pungent aroma and clean bittering. Excellent for bitter ales and American IPA styles, and can be dramatic when dry hopped. (average alpha acid: 12%). Columbus is a female hops cultivar. Vigorous plants.
- YieldHigh yielding.
- Botanical NameHumulus lupulus 'Columbus'
- Depth3-4 inches deep.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|Spring 2019 Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Annual Vegetable Plants||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes|
|1A-4A||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/25/19 - 6/14/19||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/25/19 - 6/14/19||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||5/13/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||4/22/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||4/22/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||4/22/19 - 5/31/19||2/25/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/25/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/18/19 - 6/14/19||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/11/19 - 6/14/19||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/11/19 - 6/14/19||4/15/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||5/27/2019||6/10/2019||6/3/2019|
|Zones||Onion Plants||Fruit Trees||Bareroot Roses|
|1A-4A||4/1/19 - 5/10/19||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|4B||4/1/19 - 5/10/19||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|5A||3/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/18/19 - 6/7/19||4/1/19 - 5/31/19|
|5B||3/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/7/19||3/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|6B||2/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|7A||2/18/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|7B||2/11/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|8A & B||1/28/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||2/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|9A & B||1/7/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|10A & B||1/7/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|Last Order Date||5/6/2019||6/4/2019||5/27/2019|
|Zones||Tropicals & Houseplants||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/18/19 - 6/21/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/18/19 - 5/24/19|
|9A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|10A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date||6/3/2019||1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.