Congo French Lilac
- SKU: 76365
- For each offer ordered, get 1 Potted Plant
- Zones: 3 - 7
- Height: 8 - 10 feet
- Light Required: Full Sun
Congo French Lilac
- Unit of Measure1 Potted Plant
- LightFull Sun
- Height8 - 10 feet
- Spread10 - 12 feet
- Spacing10 - 12 feet
- Zones3 - 7
- FoliageDeciduous, smooth textured
- Flower FormDouble flowers
- ColorStarts red and will change to purple
- BloomsLate spring/ Early summer
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, enriched soil
- Growth RateModerate once established which takes approximately 3 - 4 weeks
- PruningOnly to shape as needed. Prune after flowering.
- CommentsThis red lilac's powerful fragrance is matched only by its color. Flower heads start out red, then turn a lovely purple. Plant one outside a window or in a front border to greet spring guests.
- Botanical NameSyringa vulgaris 'Congo'
- HeaderUnusual Color
- DepthPlant at the same level it is growing in the container. Firm and water in well.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.