Consort Black Currant
- SKU: 61667
- For each offer ordered, get 1 gallon pot.
- This item is not available in DE MA ME MI NC NH NJ RI VA VT WV
Send me an email when this item is available
Consort Black Currant
- FormUpright shrub
- LightPrefers full sun but will produce fruit in partial shade.
- Height6 feet.
- Spread6 feet.
- Spacing6 feet.
- FoliageLobed dark green foliage.
- Flower FormWhite flowers.
- BloomsMid Spring to early Summer.
- FruitBears abundant, long clusters of beautiful black berries.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained humus enriched soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove dead wood. Prune to rejuvenate new growth.
- CommentsEnjoy a delightfully sweet-tart, flavorful black currant-without having to worry about white pine blister rust. In late summer, Consort produces medium-sized black berries that are high in vitamin C and good for fresh eating, baking, jams and jellies. Grows 3-6 feet tall. Immune to white pine blister rust.
- Botanical NameRibes nigrum x Consort
- DepthPlant so the roots are below soil level. Firm soil and water well.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Gallon Pot Size|
|1A-4B||8/1 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/1 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/1 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/1 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/1 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/1 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.