Early Sunrise Coreopsis
- SKU: 72033
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
Early Sunrise Coreopsis
- FormNeat and compact.
- LightFull sun
- Height20 - 24 inches
- Spread10 inches
- Spacing15 inches
- Zones5 - 8 (-10° F.)
- FoliageBroad lobed leaves.
- Flower FormSemi-double, approximately 2 inches.
- ColorGolden yellow.
- BloomsJune through frost, if dead-headed continuously.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil is important. If too rich, stems will flop over.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningDead-head. Cut stems back once blooms have finished.
- CommentsProfuse flowering, the tallest of the coreopsis. Larger flowers held on tall sturdy stems. Covers itself with bright flowers. Once established, sprinkle 10-10-10 fertilizer in early spring when new growth begins. Remove spent flowers to encourage more blooms. Divide in spring when desired. Hardy to -20 degrees F. Butterflies are attracted to this flower.
- Botanical NameCoreopsis grandiflora 'Early Sunrise'; Family: Asteraceae (Aster)
- DepthPlant the crown(where roots meet together) 1 inch below soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.