North Hills Creeping Phlox
- SKU: 69516
- For each offer ordered, get 2 bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
North Hills Creeping Phlox
- FormLow growing carpet
- LightFull sun.
- Height3-9 inches
- Spread12-18 inches
- Spacing12 inches
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageNeedle-like semi-evergreen leaves.
- Flower FormSmall flowers in dense clusters.
- ColorWhite flower centered with an eye of cobalt-blue.
- BloomsLate spring
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained enriched soil.
- Growth RateSlow first season while establishing, moderate growth thereafter.
- PruningPrune the dead foliage in early summer just after it's finished blooming. This will produce denser foliage and will encourage it to rebloom. Divide every few years in the summer.
- CommentsPristine white flowers give a flirty wink with intriguing violet-purple eyes. This stunning ground cover grows just about anywhere with very little effort. Bright, cheery colour appears quickly in late spring amid the needle-like, semi-evergreen leaves to create a lush carpet, even in poor, dry, sandy soil. Looks fabulous in borders and creeping over rock gardens! When contrasting colours are planted together they create a patchwork of glorious hues that flood your landscape for a breath taking effect. Phlox subulata. Masses of star-blooms form the perfect groundcover. More blooms per plant than many other varieties of creeping phlox. Tolerant to adverse growing conditions.
- Botanical NamePhlox subulata 'North Hills'
- SizeSmall blossoms.
- DepthPlace the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.