Crimson Night Raspberry
- SKU: 79434
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 4 - 8
- Height: 5-8 ft.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Crimson Night Raspberry
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height5-8 ft.
- Spread4-5 ft.
- Spacing4-5 ft.
- Zones4 - 8
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- Flower FormWhite flowers.
- FruitExcellent flavor, firm, juicy, medium-large, conical. Beautiful, shiny, dark red-purple fruit.
- Soil RequirementsOrganic, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy, loamy soil.
- PruningIt is only necessary to prune dead, thin, crossing, and diseased branches. For easiest maintenance, the plant can be mowed down to ground level in early spring. However, this will result in losing the first crop of berries in early June, The second crop of berries will still develop in late summer to frost.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsThis raspberry has it all-flavor, productivity, disease resistance, and beauty! Enjoy the intense flavor of the gorgeous, shiny, dark red-purple fruit twice a year-first in early summer, then again from late summer to frost. The dark red-purple color of its thick, sturdy canes adds to its ornamental effect in the landscape. This vigorous variety tends to have more of a compact growth habit in colder, northern climates, which makes it an excellent choice for container gardening. Particularly good for farm stand growers who want to offer a more unique variety, with excellent flavor and rich color.
- Botanical NameRubus occidentalis 'Crimson Night'
- HeaderDouble Cropping & Outstanding Flavor
- DepthDig a hole twice the size of the pot the plant is in. Plant at the same depth as it was in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.