Crimson Red Rhubarb
Crimson Red Rhubarb
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- FormPerennial. Upright.
- LightFull sun until the middle of June.
- Height24 inches.
- Spread24 inches.
- SpacingSet divisions 3 feet apart in rows 4 feet apart.
- Zones3 - 8 (-50° F.). ( Zone 2 with winter protection).
- FoliageGreen leaves on top of crimson-red stalks.
- FruitOne of the best ever for flavor. Sweet, yet agreeably tart. Produces ample yields of pleasingly plump, crimson stalks.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, loamy soil that is fortified with compost or well-rotted manure. PH between 5.0 and 7.0.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- CommentsRated excellent overall. Plump, flavorful fiber-free stalks with rich red color. Sweet, with a pleasing tartness. Root divisions. Perennial plants remain productive for decades. Unable to ship to: AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- YieldGood yields.
- Botanical NameRheum Rhubarbarum 'Crimson Red'
- HeaderProduces Heavily Time After Time
- DepthPlant divisions 3 - 4 inches below the soil surface. Plant early Spring or Fall, do not harvest stalks 1st season. Harvest freely the following seasons.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.