- SKU: 87974
- For each offer ordered, get 25 crocus bulbs
- Zones: 5 - 8
- Height: 4 - 5 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
- Unit of Measure25 crocus bulbs
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height4 - 5 inches.
- Spread3 - 4 inches.
- Spacing3 - 4 inches.
- Zones5 - 8
- FoliageNarrow, grass-like borne with or shortly after the blooms.
- Flower FormSmall cup-shaped blooms. Not Fragrant
- ColorLight lavender to rich lilac.
- BloomsLate summer to fall ( 4 - 6 weeks after planting).
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus rich, moderately moist soil. Does not like cold wet areas.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningNone necessary. Allow foliage to die back.
- CommentsBeautiful lavender blooms poking up through the fall leaves is a wonderful site in late summer. When most of the landscape is heaped in shades of orange, red, yellow and brown, a splash of lavender at the edge of a flowerbed or garden corner is a colorful way to end the growing season before winter sets in. Saffron Crocus is treasured for the golden stigma which are used to color and flavor food and also used as a dye for fabric.
- Botanical NameCrocus sativus
- Depth2 - 3 inches.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.