- Unit of Measure1 bulb per offer
- Form20-22 cm bulb
- LightFull Sun/Part shade
- Height24-36 inches
- Spread12-14 inches
- Spacing9-12 inches apart
- Zones3 - 8(-40° F.)
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormTopped with a crown veined in rich gold.
- ColorVarious (Red, Yellow, and Orange)
- BloomsMid to Late Spring
- Soil RequirementsWell-Drained fertile soil
- Growth RateShould grow to mature height and bloom first season
- PruningAllow the foliage to die down naturally. Leaves provide nourishment for the bulbs to produce future growth and blooming.
- CommentsThey are most effective in groups of three or more for 3 - 5 foot area. Needs winter protection. Remove flowers as they fade. Leave foliage intact until it dies back naturally. Feed with a 5-10-5 fertilizer in the fall and as growth emerges in the spring. The strong smell of the bulbs does repel moles and other burrowing animals but the customer should not rely on this alone.
- Botanical NameFritillaria imperialis
- Size20-22 cm bulb
- HeaderAttracts Butterflies, Not Deer!
- Depth8 inches deep
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.