Crystal White Wax Onion
Crystal White Wax Onion
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 150 seeds per pkt.
- Lightfull sun
- Height6 - 10 inches
- Spread3 - 5 inches
- Spacing4- 6 inches between plants, 12 - 24 inches between rows
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FruitThin, waxy, white skin. Firm, crisp, mild flesh. Slightly flat shaped, almost no neck.
- Germination8 - 10 days
- Soil Requirementsrich, well-drained sandy loam pH 6.0 - 6.8
- Seed Count84999 is about 150 seeds per pkt. 85000 is an offer of plants, 2 bunches of 55-75 plants per bunch.
- CommentsA traditional favorite in the south, this white skinned onion is mild, tasty and perfect for bunching and eating raw. Medium-sized, juicy, sweet onion. Always mild, flavorful, and dependable. Strong disease resistance including Pink Root tolerance. Short storage life. 60 days will produce 3/4 inch diameter onions from seed, 92 days will produce Pearl-type (1 inch diameter) onions from seed, 185 days will produce medium size bulbs from seed.
- Yield100 lbs./100 foot row
- Botanical NameAllium cepa 'Crystal White Wax'; Family: Liliaceae (Lily Family)
- Sizemature bulbs are 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 inches
- HeaderMild-Flavored Southern Heirloom
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch
- Days To Maturity120 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.