Curly Lady Camellia
- SKU: 74475
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 7 - 11
- Height: 6-8 feet.
- Light Required: Partial shade to full shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Curly Lady Camellia
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- LightPartial shade to full shade.
- Height6-8 feet.
- Spread4-5 feet.
- Spacing4 - 5 feet.
- Zones7 - 11
- FoliageDark green leaves are lightly curled.
- Flower FormLarge, semi-double flowers.
- ColorRed flowers
- BloomsFrom winter to mid spring.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, fertile, well-drained, acidic soil. pH between 6 and 6.5
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- CommentsIt is a large evergreen shrub with dark glossy, slightly twisted leaves and produce large buds in winter which open up into medium sized anemone form red flowers. They grow well in semi shade or shade and prefer acid soil. Plant away from cold winter winds.
- Botanical NameCamellia japonica 'Curly Lady' U.S. Patent No. 17014
- HeaderCurly branches and leaves.
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.