Purple de Oro Daylily
- SKU: 72028
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
Purple de Oro Daylily
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height15 - 24 inches
- Spread12 -18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageStrap-like, medium to dark green foliage.
- Flower FormTrumpet-shaped flowers with ruffled, slightly recurved petals.
- ColorDark lavender with golden yellow-green throat.
- BloomsMay - August sporadically (May not bloom until the second season).
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow while establishing, fast thereafter.
- PruningAfter flowering, remove spent flower stem low to the base to encourage repeat blooms.
- CommentsDramatic 2-3", dark purple blooms with yellow-green throats provide a stunning alternative or complement to golden Stella de Oro. Like Stella, Purple de Oro is hardy, easy to grow and, with proper deadheading, will keep blooming from very early summer until fall! At 15-24" tall, these low-growing beauties are perfect in pots or in front of traditional daylilies and other taller perennials. Hemerocallis. Same dwarf habit as Stella d'Oro but with a beautiful purple shade. Excellent border plant for in front of foundation plantings
- Botanical NameHemerocallis 'Purple d'Oro'
- Size2-3 inch blossoms.
- DepthDig 8 " x 8 " hole. Make cone shape with soil and spread roots over it, placing crown 1 inch below soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.