Daylily Dwarf Purple de Oro
- SKU: 72028
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 15 - 24 inches
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
- Plants are not available in
Send me an email when this item is available
Daylily Dwarf Purple de Oro
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height15 - 24 inches
- Spread12 -18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageStrap-like, medium to dark green foliage.
- Flower FormTrumpet-shaped flowers with ruffled, slightly recurved petals.
- ColorDark lavender with golden yellow-green throat.
- BloomsMay - August sporadically (May not bloom until the second season).
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow while establishing, fast thereafter.
- PruningAfter flowering, remove spent flower stem low to the base to encourage repeat blooms.
- CommentsDramatic 2-3", dark purple blooms with yellow-green throats provide a stunning alternative or complement to golden Stella de Oro. Like Stella, Purple de Oro is hardy, easy to grow and, with proper deadheading, will keep blooming from very early summer until fall! At 15-24" tall, these low-growing beauties are perfect in pots or in front of traditional daylilies and other taller perennials. Hemerocallis. Same dwarf habit as Stella d'Oro but with a beautiful purple shade. Excellent border plant for in front of foundation plantings
- Botanical NameHemerocallis 'Purple d'Oro'
- Size2-3 inch blossoms.
- HeaderDramatic Dark Color
- DepthDig 8 " x 8 " hole. Make cone shape with soil and spread roots over it, placing crown 1 inch below soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.