Decorative Dahlia Mix
- SKU: 80861
- For each offer ordered, get 3 bareroot tubers
Decorative Dahlia Mix
- LightPartial shade to full sun.
- Height2 - 3 feet.
- Spread20 - 24 inches.
- Spacing20 inches.
- Zones9 - 10; tender tuber.
- FoliageGreen foliage; dies back in the Fall.
- Flower FormHeavily petaled double blooms without a central disc.
- ColorRainbow range of shades: reds, pinks, yellow, purples, oranges, and bicolors. Our choice of colors.
- BloomsEarly Summer until frost in Fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moist soils.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent flower heads to encourage more blooms and create a more bushy plant. Once growth begins, pinch top 4 leaves and 2 - 3 side shoots for stockier plants.
- CommentsBig bright blooms in a rainbow of colors light up the Summer garden. Strong stems hold blooms upright. They bloom continually all Summer into Fall.
- Botanical NameDahlia 'Decorative Mix'
- Size4 inch blossoms.
- DepthPlant tubers with 2 inches of soil covering top.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.