- SKU: 76270
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 4 - 10 (-30 F) Known to thrive in Minnesota
- Height: Up to 4 feet when in flower.
- Light Required: Full sun to shade. Will bloom in full shade, but is more stately in full sun.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormHerbaceous perennial.
- LightFull sun to shade. Will bloom in full shade, but is more stately in full sun.
- HeightUp to 4 feet when in flower.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing24 - 40 inches.
- Zones4 - 10 (-30 F) Known to thrive in Minnesota
- FoliageNarrow, linear flat leaves.
- Flower FormLong slender flower plumes that open with a smoky purple-red color.
- ColorPurple-red foliage.
- BloomsLate Summer onward for Winter interest.
- Soil RequirementsMoist fertile soil, but will adapt to many soil types.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningPrune in late Winter or early Spring. Trim back before new growth starts.
- CommentsCommonly called Diamond Grass for the way the morning light catches the dew and looks as if hundreds of diamonds are sparkling on the flower stems. Stately ornamental grass that will perform in full shade with a somewhat relaxed habit and will serve as a wonderful main focal point for the Fall season. Diamond Grass is somewhat more upright when it is grown in full sun.
- Botanical NameCalamagrostis brachytricha syn, stipa
- HeaderStately Ornamental Grass
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||5/5 - 6/8||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/4||6/4||5/11|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.