$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
- Stand-out in our trials
- Slower to bolt than other dill varieties
- Delicately flavored, tender foliage
- Easy to grow
- Use seeds for dill pickles, green beans and dips
- Use leaves for seasoning eggs, salads and meats
- SKU: 70010
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pkt of approx. 200 seeds
- FormUpright Herb
- LightFull sun
- Height26-28 inches.
- Spread26-28 inches.
- SpacingScatter seed, then thin to 8 inches apart as seedlings grow.
- Zones3-9 (Annual)
- FoliageFerny , rich green, typical dill foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitSmall ovoid seed with a distinct dill flavor.
- Germination7 - 14 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist, well-drained soil. Good drainage is necessary.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 200 seeds per packet.
- PruningNone needed. Harvest leaves just before the flowers open.
- CommentsAn absolute stand-out in our trials, Dill Delight provides for an extended harvest and is extremely easy to grow. This delicately-flavored, tender, dill foliage is slower to bolt than any other variety that was trialed, and is a must for seasoning pickles!
- YieldHigh yield.
- Botanical NameAnethum graveolens '7007'
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity40 days to leaf harvest, 80 days to seed.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||6/18 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||6/18 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||6/18 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||6/18 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||6/18 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||6/18 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.