Dill's Atlantic Giant Pumpkin
Dill's Atlantic Giant Pumpkin
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 10 seeds per packet
- FormVine, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height24 inches.
- SpreadVine (to 25 feet).
- Spacing4 - 5 to a hill, hills 8 feet apart.
- Zones3 - 9.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormYellow blossoms.
- FruitUp to 400 lbs. More with effort. World record holder!
- Germination6 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained, fertilie soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 10 seeds per packet.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsPlanting: Sow seed when the weather is warm and all danger of frost is past. Pumpkins prefer rich, well-drained, fertile soil. Plant the seeds 1 inch deep, 4 - 5 to a hill, spacing hills 8 feet apart. Germination should take place in 6 - 10 days. Care: Water well during dry weather and mulch to reduce weeds. After seedlings grow 2 inches tall, thin to 2 plants per hill. For maximum size, remove all but 1 or 2 fruits from each vine and fertilize regularly. : Harvest fruits when the skin has turned completely orange. Cut from the vine, leaving a 2 inch stem attached to the fruit. Store in a warm, dry spot. This variety produces 200 to 300 pound squash-type pumpkins and is on record for having produced ones weighing over 1,000 pounds.
- YieldFor large pumpkins, limit 1 fruit per vine.
- Botanical NameCucurbita pepo 'Dill's Atlantic Giant PVP'
- HeaderStill the Champion
- Depth1 inch.
- Days To Maturity120 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.