Dinnerplate Dahlia Mix
- SKU: 82746
- For each offer ordered, get 4 bareroot tubers
- Zones: 3 - 10, must be dug up in the Fall and stored in zones 7 and colder.
- Height: 3 - 4 feet
- Light Required: Full sun
Send me an email when this item is available
Dinnerplate Dahlia Mix
- Unit of Measure4 bareroot tubers
- FormTender tuber
- LightFull sun
- Height3 - 4 feet
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing2 - 3 feet
- Zones3 - 10, must be dug up in the Fall and stored in zones 7 and colder.
- FoliageMid-green, pinnate leaves with oval leaflets.
- Flower FormLarge, full, double flowers up to 10 inches across. Decorative type without a central disk. Not fragrant.
- ColorMix of colors.
- BloomsMid-Summer onwards.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched soil for best performance.
- Growth RateFast growth rate once established.
- PruningDead-head. After flowering, remove spent flower heads to encourage more blooms and to create a more bushy plant.
- CommentsMix of vibrant colors. Blooms are an astounding 10 inches across. As large as dinner plates! Some may require staking because of large bloom size, but the spectacular blooms are worth it! Great for large decorative containers on the deck or patio. They just keep blooming all Summer until frost. Also long lasting as cut flowers.
- Botanical NameDahllia
- Size8-10 inch blossoms.
- DepthPlant tubers with 2 inches of soil covering top.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||5/5 - 6/8||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/4||6/4||5/11|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.