Double Take Scarlet™ Quince
- SKU: 65672
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 5 - 9.
- Height: 3 - 4 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade. Best flowering occurs in full sun.
Double Take Scarlet™ Quince
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormDense, mounded bush.
- LightFull sun to partial shade. Best flowering occurs in full sun.
- Height3 - 4 feet.
- Spread3 - 4 feet.
- Spacing3 - 4 feet.
- Zones5 - 9.
- FoliageOval to oblong, glossy dark green leaves. No Fall color.
- Flower FormDouble flowers (to 2" diameter) bloom, often in profusion, before the leaves fully unfold in an early Spring bloom.
- ColorBold scarlet-red blooms.
- FruitPlants do not produce fruit.
- Soil RequirementsAdapts to a wide range of soil conditions, but prefers well-drained loams. Established plants will tolerate dryish soils.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningPlants bloom on old growth. Avoid heavy pruning. Prune to shape as needed in Spring after flowering to stimulate growth of flowering spurs which will improve bloom for the following year. Promptly remove root suckers to control possible spread.
- Comments(Chaenomeles speciosa Double Take™ 'Scarlet Storm' PP20951) Makes traditional Flowering Quince look downright boring! Big 2? flowers blaze all up and down the stems of this dense, mounded bush over an unusually long period from early spring to early summer. Thornless, deer resistant, and drought tolerant once established, this plant is very easy to grow and adapts well to most any soil, as long as it's well-drained. It blooms on old growth, so do any pruning you wish after flowering. Can not ship to AE,AK,GU,HI,PR.
- Botanical NameChaenomeles speciosa Double Take™ 'Scarlet Storm' PPAF
- HeaderAka "Scarlet Storm."
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.