Double Delight Hybrid Tea Rose
- Creamy white flowers blushed with red
- Large, fragrant flowers are ideal for cutting
- Deep green foliage
- All-America Rose Selections winner
- Grows 3-4 ft. tall
- SKU: 10022
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
Double Delight Hybrid Tea Rose
- FormTea rose.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height3 - 4 feet.
- Spread2 - 3 feet.
- Spacing2 - 3 feet.
- Zones4 - 10 (-20° F.).
- FoliageGlossy green foliage.
- Flower Form12 - 18 inch stem . Fruity fragrance.
- ColorCreamy-white, strawberry-red bi-color blossoms.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningSince rose bushes like to send out a strong lateral cane at the node just below a pruning cut, try to make pruning cuts about 1/4 inch above an "outward" facing leaf bud. By doing this and removing plant material from the center of the bush you will create a more open vase-shaped plant less susceptible to disease. Remove spent flowers to encourage rebloom.
- CommentsMix peat moss, compost, or well-rotted manure into the soil. Mound the soil in the center of the hole, spread roots over mound; add half the soil and compact it down; complete the filling, compact soil and water well. Feed monthly with rose food until late Summer. Water once weekly when rainfall is scarce. Remove spent blossoms, weak growth and suckers. Spray or dust bi-weekly for insects and disease. Mulch heavily around the base and cover rest of plant with straw or shredded leaves. Hold in place with burlap or chicken wire.
- Botanical NameRosa 'Double Delight'
- Size5 1/2 inch blossoms. 35 - 45 petals.
- DepthSoak the bareroot in water for about an hour. As a rule of thumb, dig the hole about 1 1/2 times as deep and 1 1/2 times as wide as the root system is long. Mound a small pile of soil in the center of the hole as a support for the rose's root crown.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|4B||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 5/31/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|8A & B||2/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|9A & B||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|10A & B||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|Last Order Date||5/27/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.