- SKU: 08985
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 8
- Height: 5 - 7 feet.
- Light Required: Full Sun
- Plants are not available in NV OR TX UT WA
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure 1 bareroot
- FormHerbaceous perennial. Upright
- LightFull Sun
- Height5 - 7 feet.
- Spread24 - 36 inches.
- Spacing24 - 36 inches.
- Zones3 - 8
- Foliage5 - 7 sided, large rounded, dull green leaves.
- Flower FormDense, double flowers borne singly on tall stalks.
- ColorMixture (Pink to dark red, yellow, and cream) Our choice of colors.
- BloomsMid-Summer for 4 - 6 weeks. Blooms with: Four O'clocks, Dianthus, Coreopsis.
- Soil RequirementsNeeds constant soil moisture. Too wet or too dry causes weak plants. Fertile soil, with occasional applications of fertilizer.
- Growth RateFast growth rate.
- PruningDeadheading wilted flowers will encourage reblooming. Trim back spent flower stalks in late Fall or early Spring before new growth starts.
- CommentsTall, sturdy Double Hollyhocks are prized for their kingly height and their showy, ruffled, carnation-like blooms. Ideal against a building, fence or wall, these old-fashioned favorites produce an explosion of colorful flowers. Excellent for cut-flower bouquets, too! Stately old fashioned plants in a charming mix of colors. Double 'powder puff' flowers are striking in size and texture. Great for mass planting, specimen planting, or at the back of the border.
- Botanical NameAlcea rosea 'Chater's Double'
- HeaderFrilly Flowers, Stately Stalks
- DepthPlace root system just under soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.