Dwarf Northblue Blueberry
Dwarf Northblue Blueberry
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- FormPerennial, rounded.
- LightFull Sun
- Height2 - 3 feet
- Spread2 - 3 feet
- Spacing2 - 3 feet
- Zones3 - 7 (- 30 F.)
- FoliageLarge, glossy, dark green leaves. Turn crimson in Fall.
- ColorWhite flowers.
- FruitFruit is dark blue, large and attractive with a good blueberry flavor and a pleasing sugar to acid ratio.
- Soil RequirementsAcidic, moist, organic, well-drained soil. pH should be 4.5 to 5.5
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningPrune out leggy small twigs for bigger, better berries. Protect berries from birds with netting.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating, better yields when planted with other varieties.
- CommentsVary hardy cultivar. Takes temperatures as low as -35 degrees F. Half - high or dwarf blueberry. Cross between V. corymbosum and V. aurgustifolium. Sweet wild blueberry flavor that is superior to most cultivars. Stores well with refrigeration., Self-pollinating but yields better when planted with another variety.
- YieldApproximately 3 - 7 pounds at maturity with proper care.
- Botanical NameVaccinium v. corymbosum x v angustifolium ' Northblue'; Family; Ericaceae
- Size1/4 inch blossoms
- HeaderBig Yields with Dwarf Form
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.