- SKU: 65864
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormSemi-evergreen. Upright.
- LightSunny windowsill.
- Height2 feet
- Spread2 - 3 feet
- Spacing1 per pot. If planted directly in the ground in zones 9 - 10, space 3 feet apart.
- Zones9 - 10 (50 degrees F)
- FoliageGlossy, semi-evergreen foliage.
- Flower FormFunnel-shaped blossoms.
- ColorOrange flowers.
- BloomsAll summer into fall.
- FruitNeeds hand pollination or insects to set fruit. Up to 2 inch fruit.
- Soil RequirementsAny good potting soil with humus.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningLate fall during dormant season because it blooms on new growth.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsEasy to grow. Its compact habit lends itself to window-sill culture or bonsai training. Minimum temperature of 40 degrees F. in Winter. Fruit is edible. Tolerates drought once established. Gorgeous rich coral-red blossoms, jeweled toned fruit, every bit as delicious as larger varieties. In warmer climates it can be grown outside, in cooler areas, bring indoors for the Winter. Funnel-shaped flowers will attract hummingbirds and butterflies.
- Botanical NamePunica granatum 'Nana'
- DepthSame depth as it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Fruits|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.