Dwarf Tophat Blueberry
Dwarf Tophat Blueberry
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- FormDeciduous oval to rounded bush.
- LightFull Sun
- Height1 - 2 feet
- Spread1 - 2 feet
- Spacing1 - 2 feet
- Zones4 - 8
- FoliageGlossy, dark blue-green simple elliptical 1-2" long and half as wide. Crimson foliage in the Fall.
- Flower FormUrn shaped 1/3" borne in loose axillary clusters
- FruitSmall, firm, sweet, bright light-blue berries.
- Soil RequirementsAcidic, moist, organic, well-drained soil. pH should be 4.5 to 5.5.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningNone necessary. Remove dead wood anytime.
- CommentsProductive choice for container growing. Just 1 1/2 ft. tall, these little beauties have a lovely compact mounded shape which is loaded with white blossoms in the spring and red foliage in the fall. In late Aug. you'll be rewarded with hundreds of full-size, firm, flavorful, dusky blue fruit with wild blueberry flavor. No pollinator needed.
- YieldApproximately 2 - 5 pounds at maturity with proper care.
- Botanical NameVaccinium 'Tophat'
- Size1/4 inch blossoms.
- HeaderGreat for Patio Planting
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.