Dwarf Meyer Lemon
- Attractive houseplant or patio plant
- Grows 4-6 feet tall
- Fragrant, white blossoms
- Medium-sized, thin-skinned fruits
- Hand-pollinate if grown indoors
- Self-pollinating if grown outdoors
- SKU: 13883
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- This item is not available in AS AZ CA FL LA MP SC TX VI
Dwarf Meyer Lemon
- LightBright, indirect sunlight.
- Height4 - 6 feet.
- Spread4 - 6 feet.
- Spacing1 plant per pot. If planted in the ground in zones 9 - 10, space 4 - 6 feet.
- Zones9 - 10 (30° F.).
- FoliageEvergreen, glossy foliage.
- Flower FormFragrant blossoms.
- FruitMedium-sized, round, thin skinned, more orange colored, tangy, juicy, slightly sweet when fully ripe. Fruit that is grown indoors in a pot can take up to a year for the fruit to ripen.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, moist, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningLate Winter pruning helps promote more compact look.
- PollinatorSelf-pollinating. Will need to hand-pollinate if indoors.
- CommentsNothing freshens the air like the pleasant fresh citrus fragrance given off by the beautiful, waxy white blossoms of these unique tropical plants. Move to a bright light indoors for the winter. Four hours or more of direct sunlight from a South window. Let plant approach dryness before watering. Average indoor humidity levels. Day temperature 65 - 70 degrees F; night temperature 50 - 55 degrees F. Use an acid-balanced fertilizer throughout the year and add trace elements in Spring. Leaves will drop if soil is too wet or too dry. High Ph or high soluble salts can cause leaf yellowing. Will not bloom if light is too low. May need to hand-pollinate for better fruit production.
- Botanical NameCitrus limon 'Improved Meyer'
- Size3/4 inch white flowers.
- DepthPlant at the same level as in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Tropicals & Houseplants|
|1A-4A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||6/3/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.