$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Early Ohio Potato
- A favorite heirloom
- Tan skin and delicate, pale pink flesh
- Delectable flavor unlike any other
- Stores for up t3-4 months
- Tasty baked, boiled or fried
- Certified seed potatoes
- SKU: 02194
- For each offer ordered, get 2 lbs of whole potatoes
- This item is not available in ID ME MT NE
Send me an email when this item is available
Early Ohio Potato
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull sun
- Height24-36 inches.
- Spread18 -24 inches.
- Spacing12-15 inches apart in rows 30-36 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 (-30° F.)
- FoliageGreen foliage
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil; pH 4.8-5.4
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed Count2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make about 10 - 15 potato sets when cut and will plant 10 - 15 ft of row.
- CommentsA favorite heirloom from the 1800s, Early Ohio has a delectable flavor unlike any other potato! Grown through the midwest, this excellent all-purpose potato has tan skin and delicate pale pink flesh. An early-season potato, it stores well for up to 3-4 months. Can be planted 3 weeks before the final spring frost. DO NOT STORE WITH APPLES! BIG, ROUND TUBERS HAVE PURE WHITE FLESH. EXCELLENT FOR STORAGE. BRED TO WITHSTAND GOLDEN NEMATODES, POTATO SCAB, AND VERTICILLIUM WILT.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'Early Ohio'; Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- DepthPlant seed pieces cut side down 3-5 inches deep.
- Days To Maturity100 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|4B||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|5A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|5B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|8A & B||2/18/19 - 6/14/19|
|9A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|Last Order Date||6/10/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.