Early White Vienna Kohlrabi
Early White Vienna Kohlrabi
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 300 seeds per packet
- LightFull sun.
- Height8 - 10 inches.
- Spread8-10 inches.
- Spacing4 - 6 inches between plants, 18 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 (-30° F.).
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitSmooth pale green globe bulbs with white flesh and a delicate flavor.
- Germination12 - 15 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, deep, moist, well-drained soil with a pH 6.5 - 7.0.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 300 seeds per packet., 1/2 oz. is approximately 4,250 seeds. Seed tape is 15 feet and has approximately 230 seeds.
- CommentsCrisp, mild flavor. Best to harvest when bulbs are 2 - 2.5 inches.
- Yield75 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameBrassica oleracea (Gongylodes Group) 'Early White Vienna'; Family: Brassicaceae/Cruciferae (Mustard Family)
- Size2.5 inches.
- HeaderExtra Tasty, Early Maturing
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inches.
- Days To Maturity55 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.