Eclipse Hybrid Eggplant
Eclipse Hybrid Eggplant
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 30 seeds per pkt
- FormUpright, bushy annual
- LightFull sun.
- Height33 inches.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing18 - 24 inches between plants; 30 - 42 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- Fruit8 inch teardrop shaped fruit, deep glossy purple.
- Germination7 - 14 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, enriched soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 30 seeds per packet.
- CommentsEnjoy a bumper crop of 8 inch glossy purple fruit with sweet, mild white flesh. Strong plants are tolerant of heat, drought and disease, making Eclipse a breeze to grow in the home garden. Our favorite variety for Eggplant Parmesan!
- Botanical NameSolanum melongena 'Eclipse' Hybrid
- HeaderTraditional Early Variety
- DepthLightly cover seeds. Plant the plants at the same depth as in the pot.
- Days To Maturity65 days from transplant.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.