El Gordo Hybrid Melon
- SKU: 74476
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pack of 10 seeds
El Gordo Hybrid Melon
- FormSpreading vine, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height1-1 1/2 feet.
- Spread3-12 feet.
- Spacing4-5 to a hill, spacing hills 6 feet apart.
- Zones3 - 9 ( Annual)
- FoliageGreen foliage. This variety produces a very full foliage canopy.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitVery large fruit-can weigh up to 30 lbs. each. Fruit usually weighs 15-20 lbs. each. Oval, with medium netting, and sweet, orange flesh with great flavor and a small seed cavity.
- Germination3 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers warm, well-drained, soil, high in organic matter with pH 6.5 to 7.5.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 10 seeds per packet.
- CommentsWowyour family and friends with this huge melon! Fruits usually weigh 15-20 lbs., but can get as big as 30 lbs.! Its pretty, orange flesh is delicious and sweet; enjoy more of it, not only due to its size, but due to its small seed cavity. Fruit is oval, with medium roping and naked sutures. Excellent disease resistance.
- Botanical NameCucumis melo 'El Gordo'
- Depth1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity85 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.