Elberta Peach Tree
Elberta Peach Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Upright.
- LightFull sun.
- HeightStandard - 18 - 20 feet. Semi dwarf - 8 - 10 feet.
- SpreadStandard- 20 feet. Semi-dwarf - 12 - 14 feet.
- Spacing15 - 20 feet.
- Zones5 - 8 (-10° F.).
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormLight pink blossoms.
- FruitLarge, yellow fruit with a crimson blush.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil, organic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningAt planting, cut the main whip stem back by up to one third at a fat bud and prune side branches until you have removed about a third of the total wood. Also, trim away any broken or damaged roots. This will help balance the branch structure with the remaining roots and get your tree off to a healthier start. Second and third year pruning determines shape and prevents development of bad crotches. Pruning of fruit trees is best done during the dormant period. Summer pruning, except for the remov
- CommentsJuicy, yellow freestone flesh. Fruit is very high quality. Fruit tends to drop at maturity. Excellent shipper.
- YieldApproximately 2 - 5 bushels at maturity for Standard, 1 - 3 bushels for Semi-dwarf.
- Botanical NamePrunus persica 'Elberta'
- HeaderTops for Canning
- DepthPlant with graft union 2 inches above soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.