- SKU: 09493
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bulb
- Zones: 3 - 9 (-30° F.) Annual.
- Height: 4 - 5 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Plants are not available in ID WA
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure 1 bulb
- FormPerennial. Garlic.
- LightFull sun.
- Height4 - 5 inches.
- Spread3 inches.
- Spacing4 inches between plants; 8 - 24 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 (-30° F.) Annual.
- FoliageOnion-like green foliage.
- FruitEach bulb averages 10 huge cloves. Big, but mild.
- Soil RequirementsLoose, organic, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- CommentsPerennial, but actually a leek (not a true garlic). Some grow to over 1 pound. Mild. Can be sliced for salads or cooking. Winter protection in the North.
- Botanical NameAllium ampeloprasum 'Elephant Garlic'; Family: Liliaceae (Lily Family)
- Size3 - 4 inches.
- HeaderBig but Biteless
- Depth2 inches.
- Days To Maturity120 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.