Empress Wu Hosta
- SKU: 72079
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
Empress Wu Hosta
- FormMounding, Herbaceous perennial.
- LightFull shade to partial shade.
- Height3 - 4 feet.
- Spread5 - 6 feet.
- Spacing4 feet.
- Zones3 - 9.
- FoliageHuge, deeply veined, heart shaped leaves in deep green.
- Flower FormTall scape of funnel-shaped blooms that are shades of purple-red.
- BloomsEarly to mid-Summer for 2 - 3 weeks.
- Soil RequirementsAverage fertile garden soil.
- Growth RateSlow to moderate growth rate.
- PruningAfter flowering, remove spent flower stems to tidy up the plants for the rest of the growing season.
- CommentsHuge dark green, deeply veined leaves of good substance can measure more than 1 1/2 feet wide and long! Strong upright habit, forming a very tall and wide clump. Pale reddish-violet flowers appear just above the foliage in early to mid Summer. An outstanding focal point and topic of conversation in your shade garden! Restricted States: AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- Botanical NameHosta 'Empress Wu' PP20774
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the container.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.