Eversweet Everbearing Strawberry
- SKU: 11061
- For each offer ordered, get 25 plants
- Zones: 5 - 8 (-10° F.).
- Height: 8 - 10 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
Send me an email when this item is available
Eversweet Everbearing Strawberry
- Unit of Measure25 plants
- LightFull sun.
- Height8 - 10 inches.
- Spread8 - 12 inches.
- Spacing12 - 24 inches.
- Zones5 - 8 (-10° F.).
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- BloomsMay - August.
- FruitVery large, deep red berries.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateVigorous growth rate.
- PruningRoot only 5 or 6 runners from each plant and remove the rest. Arrange the runners to the ground and plant and remove the rest. Arrange the runners so they're about 6 inches apart. Everbearers should not bear fruit with the first flush of flowers since they need their strength to establish the main plant and to sprout runners. Pinch or cut off the first flowers that form, allowing the flowers later in the season to produce fruit.
- PollinatorSelf-pollinating. Requires bees for pollination.
- CommentsEverbearing. Thrives in the heat and humidity and still produces exceptional fruit. Bred for Southern growers. Tolerates temperatures over 100 degrees F. without loss of fruit quality.
- YieldApproximately 1 - 2 pints.
- Botanical NameFragaria ananassa 'Eversweet' Family: Rosaceae (Rose Family)
- Size1/2 inch blossoms.
- HeaderBred for the South!
- DepthSet with crowns just below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.