Fall Gold Raspberry
- SKU: 66273
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot plant
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 6-10 feet
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Fall Gold Raspberry
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot plant
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height6-10 feet
- Spread4-6 feet
- Spacing3 feet
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- FruitLarge, conical, golden berries
- Soil RequirementsOrganic, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningThin fruiting canes in late winter or early spring before they start to grow. Remove all weak canes and thin the strong canes so they are 4-6 inches apart over the width of the row; narrow rows if necessary to 15-18 inches wide.
- CommentsUnique in color, this yellow-gold raspberry is extremely sweet and delicious, and is excellent in cooking, baking and processing into jams and jellies. Delivers an abundance of berries from midsummer to early fall. Easy to care for and dependable, the bush grows 6-10' tall and is everbearing. Self-pollinating: does not need another plant nearby to set fruit. First crop ripens in July with second crop ripening from late August to frost. Non-crumbling, very sweet, rather soft. Vigorous, productive canes. Adaptable to wide variety of soils. Highly recommended for upper South and mountain areas.
- Yield1-2 quarts
- Botanical NameRubus idaeus 'Fall Gold'
- Size1/4-1/2 inch blossoms.
- HeaderOld-Fashioned Raspberry Flavor—Unique Gold Color!
- DepthSame as in the nursery
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.