Feather Reed Grass
- SKU: 74150
- For each offer ordered, get 1 gallon pot.
Send me an email when this item is available
Feather Reed Grass
- FormHerbaceous perennials.
- LightFull Sun
- Height4 - 5 feet.
- Spread2 - 3 feet.
- Spacing3 - 5 feet.
- Zones4 - 7(-20° F.)
- FoliageDeep green shiny foliage. Narrow green leaves, with a vertical clumping habit.
- Flower FormPlumes of loose, feathery flower heads are carried above the foliage.
- ColorPink changing to creamy white and golden tan.
- Soil RequirementsWill tolerate a wide range of soil types, including clay. Prefers moist soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningEarly spring. Keep stalks for Winter interest and trim down to within one foot of the ground in early Spring before new growth appears.
- CommentsThis grass produces magnificent feather plumes of wheat-colored seed heads that bloom in late spring and then decorate the landscape through winter. Its attractive, vertical clumping habit makes it ideal for use as a screen, accent plant or backdrop for other perennials. It's easy to see why it received the Perennial Plant of the Year award!
- Botanical NameCalamagrostis x acutiflora 'Karl Foerster'
- DepthPlant at the same depth as grown in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Gallon Pot Size|
|1A-4B||8/1 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/1 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/1 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/1 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/1 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/1 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.