$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
- SKU: 70882
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- This item is not available in FL NY
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height4 - 6 feet.
- Spread2 - 4 feet.
- Spacing2 - 4 feet.
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageFlat, arching thin blades. Green during the growing season, turning red in fall.
- Flower FormSilky panicles
- BloomsLate summer.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained organically rich soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningCut back the foliage in late winter or early spring.
- CommentsAdding ornamental grasses to the landscape gives it a more dynamic look and architectural appeal. Treat your property to a visual upgrade with Flame Grass. In late summer, its large swathes of gracefully arching blades appear green and are gently tinged with purple. As autumn approaches, it turns red for a completely different look for the upcoming season. Flame Grass gives a charming, delicate look to naturalized areas, and makes an ideal privacy screen when planted in groups. Silky panicles of silvery-beige emerge in late summer.
- Botanical NameMiscanthus purpurascens
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/23 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||9/23 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||9/23 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||9/23 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||9/23 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||9/23 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.