Flat Wonderful™ Peach Tree
Flat Wonderful™ Peach Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Spreading.
- LightFull sun.
- Height12 - 18 feet.
- Spread12-18 feet.
- Spacing20 feet.
- Zones5 - 8 (-20° F.).
- FoliageBrilliant maroon early, to green beginning in July.
- Flower FormShowy blossoms.
- ColorPink blossoms.
- BloomsMid to late season.
- FruitSweet and spicy with a very desirable chewy texture.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, organic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- CommentsA truly unique new peach from Rutgers University. Gives you gorgeous, showy blossoms in Spring, brilliant, glossy maroon foliage in early Summer and wonderful, yellow-fleshed, doughnut shaped peaches in late July. Super sweet. When you plant this peach, you get a beautiful landscape specimen and out-of-this-world fruit.
- Yield2 1/2 - 3 bushels at maturity for Standard.
- Botanical NamePrunus persica 'Flat Wonderful' PP16836
- SizeMedium to large fruit.
- HeaderThe Name Says It All!
- DepthPlant with graft union 2 inches above soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.