Fordhook 242 Lima Beans
Fordhook 242 Lima Beans
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure 2 oz
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height20 inches .
- Spread24 inches .
- Spacing3 - 6 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitPlump with 3 - 4 cream colored beans per pod.
- Germination7 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, sandy, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed Count2 oz. packet is approximately 50 seeds, 1/2 lb. is approximately 400 seeds and 2lbs. is approx. 800 seeds
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsSturdy, upright growth for easy picking. Now improved for the North. More heat tolerant. Higher yields. Easier to harvest and shell than other varieties. Keeps it's flavor canned or frozen. Considered the finest of the large lima beans.
- Yield25 pounds shelled/100 foot row.
- Botanical NamePhaseolus lunatus 'Fordhook 242'; Family: Fabaceae/Leguminosae (Bean Family)
- Size4 inches.
- HeaderSets Well in Adverse Weather
- Depth1 - 1.5 inches.
- Days To Maturity75 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.