- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 400 seeds per pkt
- LightFull sun.
- Height18 - 20 inches.
- Spread10 - 12 inches.
- Spacing3 - 4 inches between plants; 12 - 24 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitElongated shape. Sweet, smooth skinned. Ruby red.
- Germination8 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsDeep, rich, sandy soil; pH 7.0
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 400 seeds per packet, 1 oz. is approximately 1200 seeds. Seed tape is 15 feet long and has approximately 95 seeds.
- CommentsBeets are tender and extra juicy even if harvest is delayed. Small, dark green tops are sweet and edible. Tolerant to downy mildew. Resists bolting. Catalog names-they are not separate varieties, but the same. Forono was the original name before being changed to Cylindra.
- Yield150 pounds/100 foot row.
- Botanical NameBeta vulgaris var. crassa 'Forono'; Family: Chenopodiaceae (Goosefoot Family)
- Size6 - 8 inches long, 1.5 - 2 inches wide.
- HeaderSugar Sweet and Easy to Slice
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity60 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.