Fourth Of July™ Climbing Rose
- SKU: 05519
- For each offer ordered, get #1 bareroot plant
- Zones: 4-10
- Height: 10-14 feet
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
- Plants are not available in AZ CA CO ID MT ND NM NV OR SD WA WY
Send me an email when this item is available
Fourth Of July™ Climbing Rose
- Unit of Measure#1 bareroot plant
- FormDeciduous shrub (Climber)
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height10-14 feet
- Spread3-4 feet
- Spacing4-5 feet.
- FoliageSparkling green foliage.
- Flower FormLarge, semi-double in clusters, 10-15 petals count, light, crushed apple fragrance.
- ColorVelvety-red striped with bright white.
- BloomsMid summer into fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched soil.
- Growth RateSlow the first few months while establishing, moderate thereafter.
- PruningRemove spent flowers, weak and dead stems, Cut back stems in early spring when buds have broken.
- CommentsA spectacular rose and the first Climber to win the coveted AARS award in 23 years!! Well named, as the large red and white blossoms appear to explode from buds into into open flowers and continue to do so all season long. It even flowers well the first year which is unusual for a rose and the color is always consistent. Large sprays of flowers are long lasting and a single stem makes a full bouquet in a vase. Superb vigor, good hardiness and sparkling foliage complete the assets of this all round winner.
- Botanical NameRosa x 'Fourth of July' PP11518
- HeaderAn All-America Rose Selection Winner
- DepthDig a hole large enough to spread out roots without bending them. Firm well and water in thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.